Difference Between Fragrance, Perfume, Cologne, Toilette, and Parfum


Hi and Thanks for checking this post.

I'm a fashion designer, as an addition to my White-collar jobs. If you check my gallery, you will see some of my stuff.

 In this article, I will like to expose the difference between fragrance, perfume, cologne, toilette, and parfum.

I had written about maintaining optimism in your career; I hope you didn't miss the article.

Did you know that a £74 "Gucci Bloom Eau de Parfum 50ml Gift Set" made the number 1,according to the list of best perfume listed in cosmopolitan website?

"Nike Up and Down" and "Nike 150 Fire" have been my favorite until now but I've decided to add Gucci to my list.

According to Wikipedia article, It was a popular news in Europe in 1370 when the first modern perfume called Hungary Water was pioneered by Queen Elizabeth of Hungary. The production was scented oils blended in an alcohol solution.

Actually, I got even a comprehensive talk about perfume at artofmanliness website and below explains the difference between fragrance, perfume, cologne, toilette and parfum:

  1. Eau Fraiche. This falls among the categories of less lasting perfume made of very small quantity of perfume oil in larger proportion of alcoholic water solution. It's also referred to as the most diluted version of fragrance.
  2. Toilette (Eau de Toilette). It usually lasts closed to 3 hours when applied by any user. Eau de Toilette is a light spray composition with 5-15% pure perfume essence dissolved in alcohol.
  3. Cologne (Eau de Cologne). Very suitable for younger folks; it is mostly a fruity water solution of 2-4% perfume oils in alcohol. It possesses an approximation of 2-hour fragrance duration.
  4. Perfume (Eau de Parfum). A solution with 5-8 hour lasting duration; 15-20% pure perfume essence.
  5. Parfum. The most concentrated and expensive of all fragrance options composing 20-30% pure perfume essence.

As aforementioned, I'm a fashion designer and if you have doubt; feel free to ((click my click gallery))

No comments:

Post a Comment

RELATED ARTICLES

    --